Let’s do a quick run down of the pros and cons of being 34 weeks pregnant.
- Baby moves all over the place all the time. This makes your husband look at you in awe that you have a small alien-like heel/elbow protruding from your belly
- Baby shopping…I fully admit to buying cheesy onesies that say obnoxious things like “giddy up little dude.” Don’t judge me.
- Wild dreams. You name it, I dream about it, and its all a little bizarre and funny.
- Knowing that our baby is a real live human who is going to join us in just! 42! days! (according to babycenter.com) I’m crossing my fingers and saying a lot of prayers that it’s more like 32 to 36 days.
- Knowing I only have a month left of work. I am so ready for a break from this place and even though its going to be a lot harder at home, just knowing I only have to deal with one or two dysfunctional crabby people (me, my husband and maybe my mother) is way more manageable than an entire office full of them.
- Gleefully enjoying every snack, treat and dessert that comes my way. I used to be all about the ice cream, then it was s’mores and now its cookies…oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to be exact.
- Heartburn so bad you think you might be choking. It strikes at all times of the day after all kinds of foods. It’s an equal opportunity offender.
- Sore back from carrying nearly 25 pounds out in front me.
- Did I mention I’ve gained almost 25 pounds? I can’t believe I’m putting that on the Internet.
- Kicks to the ribs that I swear are bruising me on the inside.
- Clothing that is increasingly ill-fitting and uncomfortable.
- Looking at the calendar and realizing that in six short weeks our lives are going to change forever.
- Tieing my shoes, shaving my legs and unloading the dishwasher feels like an aerobic workout.
- Anxiety. I’ve been pretty calm throughout this pregnancy but every once in a while, the fear of failing as a mother and a wife grips me so tightly, I feel like I can’t breathe. I have been praying specifically for courage to face this next season in life.
- Impending labor. It’s going to hurt, it’s not going to be fun and there is no way to avoid it.
More belly shots coming this weekend.