After a frustrating day yesterday that included cleaning poop out of every crevasse of Jackson’s crib, fishing a nickel out of his mouth, responding to approximately 500 unnecessary emails, and trying desperately to put the house back together; I needed a minute to reflect on all the good things in my life. And sometimes, as I’m reminded right now, it is the simple little things.
Because truly, life is so so good.
1. The clean smell of rain hanging in the air
2. A perfectly made americano
3. Jackson’s dimple which has recently emerged on his right cheek
4. New carpet
5. Sharing a perfectly ripe peach with Jack
6. Enjoying a long run by myself and listening to ridiculous music the entire time (Brittney, Kanye, Beyonce)
7. Gorgeous purple, pink and blue hydrangeas growing in the backyard
And tell me…what are your small graces today?