Okay so maybe I’m being a little pushy with that title, but seriously, the following recipe for banana bread is the best I’ve ever made. Ever. And I’ve probably made at least half a dozen different recipes. Because I’m silly like that.
So, even though I don’t have any pictures to attest to the goodness of this bread, just trust me and make it. You won’t be dissapointed.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 1/2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream (I used sour cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.