30 things to love on your 30th birthday:
1. You smell nice 99 percent of the time
2. You mop the floors 99 percent of the time
3. You are a REALLY GOOD dad
4. Your energy level is ridiculous
5. You have a cute laugh
6. And a cute behind
7. You love chocolate
8. You are never afraid to tackle a project…if anything, sometimes I have to hold you back a little
9. You are the go-to handyman mr. fix-it for friends and family alike
10. You clean out my car
11. You scoop up the boys for no reason and tell them you love them
12. You think you’re a redneck
13. You love cowboy boots and levis…and look good wearing them
14. You’re one of the only 30-year-olds who can pull off a beard
15. You have a black and white personality. Sometimes this drives me nuts, but I think it’s a really good thing. You put your mind to something and that’s it. You go for it.
16. Everything you do, you do 110 percent, no exceptions
17. You love my cooking
18. You love dreaming and scheming about that ‘farm’ we’ll have one day and all the equipment we will need
19. You are obsessed with Craigslist (not sure if its something to love, but it is funny)
20. Your hands are always rough from all the work you do around the house
21. You’ve been known to do yard work in the dark and literally run behind the lawnmower
22. You are almost always the first one up with our early riser son
23. The boys can’t get enough of you
24. You are patient and kind and playful but firm and decisive with our boys. It’s awesome.
25. You are a total softie.
26. Not much grosses you out. This is especially helpful because a lot of stuff grosses me out.
27. You clean out the nasty forgotten food from the refrigerator.
28. You rarely complain when I tell you we are going to paint another room (or re-paint)
29. You are who you are and nobody is going to change that and I LOVE that about you.
30. You are kind and interesting and loving and so many things that a list of 30 doesn’t even scratch the surface.
Here’s hoping we have at least 50 more birthdays to celebrate together. I hear it only gets better.